Friday, September 11, 2009

Blessed Wishes- Date Biscotti-عيد مبارك- بسكوت بالتمر

Dear Visitors, I would like to wish you all a very happy and blessed Eid Al Fitr Holiday.
I should have been prepared to post about Eid cookies but this time of the year is a very busy time for me and my family with moving homes and traveling. I am sorry to disappoint you all, but I hope next holiday I will have something traditional and delicious to post.
In the light of this blessed holiday, I am going to post this video of a recipe I made a while back for Date Biscotti, I will post the recipe later when I have enough time, but enjoy watching the video recipe.
Also, I would like to thank you all for your support and continues visits to my cooking blog, I think by the end of today my visitors count on my blog will reach the 100,000 visitors!!! I appreciate it a lot and I appreciate your comments and just showing up to check the blog and recipes out.

Date and Nut squares
3 eggs beaten
1 cup sugar 

1/4 cups butter (melted and cooled)
2- 3 cups pitted dates (cut into small pieces)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt

One teaspoon lemon zest 
A little bit of milk, about 2 tablespoons, in case the mix is tough to stir
Confectioners sugar for garnish
Directions:

-Melt the butter and cool.
-Beat eggs, add sugar, cooled butter and mix well.
-Add the chopped dates and nuts.
-Sift all the dry ingredients and mix together, add to egg mixture and mix well.
-Pour batter into a greased 13 X 9 pan.
-Bake in an 350 oven for 40 -45 minutes. When toothpick comes out clean they are done.
-Cool and cut into biscotti shape pieces. 

-Bake again in a very hot oven for about 10 minutes until the pieces become crispy.
Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.






أعزائي زوار هذا الموقع, تمنياتي لكم جميعا بعيد فطر سعيد. اعتذر لكم جميعا لعدم تحضير وصفة كعك العيد و المعمول التقليديه و ذلك لأنشغالي في الأنتقال من منزل لاخر و ايضا لسفري المستمر. أعدكم بأن أحضر وصفات الكعك في مناسبات قادمه ان شاء الله. أيضا في هذه المناسبه السعيده أحب ان اشكر كل زوار المدونه هنا لأنهم زوار متكررين و مخلصين...في نهاية اليوم سيصل رقم زوار هذا الموقع الى حوالي مئة الف زائر...انا شاكره جدا لكم و لزياراتكم و تعليقاتكم , و ارجو ان تكون المدونه من المفضله لديكم و تقدم لكم اجابات على اسئلتكم الخاصه بالطبخ
اليوم سأضع وصفة بسكوت بالتمر
المكونات:
 ٣ بيضات
كوب من السكر
ربع كوب زبده سايحه
كوبين او ثلاثة  اكواب من التمر الخالي من البذور و مقطع الى قطع صغيره
كوب من الجوز المفروم, يعرف ايضا بأسم عين الجمل
 كوب واحد من الطحين
 ملعقه صغيره من بشر الليمون
ملعقه صغيره من البيكنج باودر
نصف ملعقه صغيره ملح
ملعقتين كبار من الحليب ادا كان الخليط جامد للتحريك
كوب سكر ناعم للتزيين  
الطريقه:
اخلطي المواد الناشفه لوحدها
اخلطي المواد الرطبه لوحدها
 اخلطي الموادكلها مع بعض 
ضعي الخليط في صينية للفرن مقاس ٩ انش في ١١ انش
يخبز في فرن 350 لمدة 40 -45 دقيقة. عندما تخرج العود نظيفة و ليس بها اي اثار للخليط
تبرد وتقطع إلى مربعات مطاوله في الشكل, مثل البسكوت الايطالي
تخبز قطع البسكوت في فرن عالي الحراره حتى تصبح مقرمشه
يرش السكر الناعم فوق البسكوت للتزيين
 

اتمنى لكم قضاء وقت ممتع في هذه العطله مع عائلاتكم و كل سنه و انتم سالمين


No comments:

Post a Comment